Finally got myself back to the rack at work. I took some time today to get the cabling straightened out and get a few more devices back to the initial config. I even took the time to make a T1 crossover cable and configure the interfaces -- and pinged across! It's so nice when things work the way they're supposed to...
So it may not be total tech/rack domination, but it was really nice to step back and say, hey - I did what I set out to do ... in the time I set out to do it. It was pretty straightforward and went smoothly. There are a number of things that you do so rarely that it's really hard to remember the order or the 'trick' to it. But there seemed to be no loss of skill and dexterity. And I didn't get flustered and confused, either. That was surprising. I had to take what I had and pretty much 'adapt' it to fit the environment. Sometimes S0/2 is now S0/2/0 or S0/1 is now S0/0 ... and it all works. [So far] Hopefully I can get it set up and organized by the end of the week. I realize that I will need to draw a new diagram to show the correct interface nomenclature and connections, but that's good practice.
I may need to scout / scrounge up some extra materials, but that should really be minimal. I should at least know what else I need by the week's end.
Posted by BlueWolf on May 31, 2011 07:13 PM